Download The Good Vices: From Beer to Sex, the Surprising Truth About What’s Actually Good for You By Harry Ofgang Audiobook
- Duration: 4 hours, 33 minutes
- Writer: Harry Ofgang
- Publisher: June 2019
- Narrators: Jonathan Todd Ross
- Genres: Jonathan Todd Ross
- Rating: 0
- Narrator Rating: 0
The Good Vices: From Beer to Sex, the Surprising Truth About What’s Actually Good for You By Harry Ofgang Audiobook
Being healthy is easier, less expensive, and a whole lot more enjoyable than you think.
Much of the health advice we receive today tells us that in order to be healthy, we must consume a Spartan diet, exercise with the intensity of an Olympic athlete, and take a drug for every ailment. We constantly worry about the foods we should or shouldn’t be eating and the medical tests we have neglected to take. And all that worry costs us dearly–financially, emotionally, and physically.
In The Good Vices, prominent naturopathic physician Dr. Harry Ofgang and health journalist Erik Ofgang tear down decades of myth and prejudice to reveal how some of our guilty pleasures are not only okay but actually good for our health. For example:
• Like wine, moderate beer and spirit consumption raises our bodies’ level of good cholesterol, which protects against heart disease.
• Egg yolks are an excellent source of important fat-soluble vitamins.
• Research suggests that moderate exercisers can be at least as healthy as, and sometimes even healthier than, those who exercise intensively.
Forget what you thought you knew about what’s healthy, and enjoy some good vices instead.